Abandoned and Deserted.
I wish I could have talked to her parents before they had given her up. I would have told them she would be such a blessing to their home. How her sweet spirit would bring them joy. And beg them to not give her away. But the reality is: she has no one in the world who will claim her as their own.
Adoption is expensive.
There are families who want to adopt but just don't have the funds. Most cannot afford the high cost of adoption without support of friends and family. Reece’s Rainbow (RR) helps raise grant money for orphans with Down syndrome and other special needs. This money helps the adoptive family pay for the expenses that they would incur during the adoption process.
The higher the amount of grant money, the higher the chances of Christina being adopted.
Around Christmas time, RR starts Angel Tree. An advocate picks a child from the waiting child lists and tries to raise $1000.00 for the child. When someone donates over $35.00, they receive an ornament with the child’s picture on it.
Our family decided to advocate this year and would like to help raise $1000.00 towards Christina's grant. When I picked Christina, I picked her because she was from the same region as Joshua.
She started with only $10.00 in her grant fund. How sad is that? So would you give a little donation, to help Christina find her family? It could be life changing for her. So let’s go over this again, if you donate $35 or over, you will receive a Christmas ornament with Christina’s precious little picture on it.
Another Reason to Give…….
Not only do you get an ornament, but my family would like to match your donation. If you donate $35.00, we will put in $35.00 up to $500.00! We would love to see Christina make the $1000.00 goal!!
Angel Tree 2011
If you click on the ornament above, it will take you to the Angel Tree page. If you scroll down on the Angel Tree page you can see pictures of all the children who are being sponsored and the amount that has been raised so far.
Here are the fine details:
- The minimum donation to receive an ornament is $35.00.
- Right under Christina's picture is a box with showing her current grant fund status. You can donate online by clicking the 'donate' button. $5.00 of each donation goes to RR's Voice of Hope fund, and the remainder to the child's grant
- Checks can be mailed to Reece's Rainbow PO Box 4024 Gaithersburg, MD 20885
- International donors welcome, we will mail your ornament(s) anywhere in the world.
- Ornaments will be mailed about every other day, so you should expect your order within a week.