Joshua's Homecoming Video

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things that Move Me #1

Things That Move Me #1 
The Starving Child



Katie Davis....or Auntie Katie.  Have you heard of her?  I know some of you have.  But if you haven't, here is someone who is giving the hope of Jesus to some of the most poor, destitute and rejected children and adults in the world.

Katie is young - like 20 or 21 years old.  After graduating from high school, she felt God calling her to move to Uganda.  Leaving behind family and friends she traveled across the world in obedience.  She has been literally the hands and feet of Jesus to thousands.  Katie has adopted 14 daughters and runs an educational program for 400 children.  She also has a feeding program that feeds 1500 children.  I happened across Katie's blog last year.  Click here to visit.  Her organization that she started is called Amazima (which means 'truth') I have her badge/button on my sidebar.  Read some of Katie's stories here to get a taste of what I am talking about. 

I guess I was always aware of the poor and hungry in a vague sort of way.  This was the first time my eyes and heart were fully opened to the poor and hungry and it moved me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment