· Sept. 3rd, 2010 – Initial interview with a homestudy agency to see if we are a good fit. We are and have been very impressed with the agency and our social workers.
· Sept 16th, 2010 – Fingerprints and background check started. Supposed to take 6-8 weeks.
· Sept. 23rd, 2010 – Required Psychological evaluations to determine eligibility for adoption and stable family/marriage. We passed!!
· Sept. 27th, 2010 – Homestudy Interview – this marathon meeting took 5+ hours but we passed with flying colors!!!! HUGE PRAISE AND THANKS TO GOD!!!
· Sept. 30th, 2010 – Our oldest son has surgery on his left kidney to fix an UPJ obstruction. He had a unique case and was in surgery quite a bit longer than expected.
· Oct. 1st, 2010 – Bring oldest son home from the hospital.
· Oct 2nd-Oct 6th, 2010 – Take oldest son back to the hospital and he stays for 4 more nights because of vomiting and high blood pressure.
· Oct 5th, 2010 – We receive an email at the hospital that ‘our little guy’ or ‘Allen’, (Allen is the alias that Reece’s Rainbow gave him), had corrective heart surgery 2 weeks earlier and is already back at the baby orphanage and is doing very well. He is supposed to be transferred to an institution from the baby orphanage, due to his age, but the Director will keep him at the baby orphanage because we started the adoption process. WOW!!
· Oct/Nov 2010 – Working on the Application Registration documents. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting for our background checks to clear.
· Nov. 24th, 2010 – Background Check Clearances finally arrive 12 weeks later!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
· Dec. 1st, 2010 – Homestudy Finalized!!!!
· December 2010 – Finalized Homestudy sent to both DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) and to USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) for approval. This can take 6-8 weeks for approval. So we here we are again……Waiting, Waiting, Waiting!! We are thankful for the holidays because time is passing quickly.