Joshua's Homecoming Video

Saturday, March 19, 2011

I am not

going to lie.  That last post about the Davis family put me in a bit of a funk.   Kind of the reality setting in - that it can happen.  It could happen to us.  UGH.  All the time spent, all the time spent in emotional, spiritual, physical and financial preparation.  All this to be told no by a judge.  Double UGH.  A good friend reminded me to not let Saten discourage us in this journey.  Adoption is not to be taken lightly for it is close to our Father's heart.  For those of you who believe, He has adopted us into his forever family.  
My friends, adoption is redemption. It’s costly, exhausting, expensive, and outrageous. Buying back lives costs so much. When God set out to redeem us, it killed Him. And when He redeems us, we can’t even really appreciate or comprehend it......... Derek Loux
 The Davis family has been such an amazing example to me.  They keep saying please pray for the judge, don't slander, just pray.  And now they have a glimmer of hope.  They are going to appeal this decision.  The Davis family is asking for prayers for the judges, their family and themselves.  Pray that God will use this situation to bring awareness of the vast need of families.  These children need families. 

There is Hope.


2 comments:

  1. I know, I'm so sick thinking about the Davis'. I pray that miracles will happen.

    Don't let it put fear in your heart, though! You have to remember that their region's judge is totally against adoptions of kids with DS. The two judges in our region have already approved three DS adoptions in the past month! You have nothing to fear! Just had to remind you of that because I know how scary it was for us. Jeremy kept telling me over and over: "She's on our side, she's on our side." Good thing that men are so good at thinking with their heads at times like this. :)

    ReplyDelete